Fast and Pray Update
When you fast… When you pray…
In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus taught His followers about the proper attitude in seeking Him through prayer and fasting. CSI Ministries has a passion for this generation to be God-honoring and God-led above all else. We are truly blessed having you share in the ministry of CSI in this humbling way.
Be praying …
* For Mary, who has been working in the CSI Ministries home office for 27 years, as she struggles to find a “new normal” with the passing of her husband Chase.
* For Pastor Richard and Amy Greene in Kentucky and the teams serving there; that they may share the Gospel well and for the community folks to be receptive to Christ. Also, for the Licking River Baptist Church members who host our teams so graciously.
* For the CSI Ministries board of directors to have wisdom and discernment as they seek to follow God’s plan for ministry.
* For Pastor Philippa in Belize as she leads the new church plant – First Stone Church –
in Western Paradise and for the completion of a building so that they may worship and minister out of the elements.
* For the Jamaican people who recently finished “The Way” experience at the CSI guesthouse so that they may stay strong in their ministry and faith.
* With the Ginter family for Mike’s mother as her life has changed with the onset of uterine cancer.
* With Adrian Truesdale of “The Way” board in Northern Ireland as he seeks God’s plan for full time Ministry. Also, for the fulfillment of his desire for teams to partner with Irish churches for encouragement and outreach.
* For field staff needs in Belize and a construction coordinator in Jamaica.
* That team numbers will increase, fulfilling our mission of getting more people to Grow Closer to
Christ Through a short-term mission experience.
* For John as he takes on the role of Executive Director and all staff as the “busy” period begins.
* For wisdom and discernment on all of our fields as we work to be good stewards of resources while
evaluating where to assist amidst overwhelming needs.
Praising God for…
* Successful recovery of 9- year-old Alex Greene’s surgery to repair a pacemaker!
* The hiring of Kristian Simmons as the Public Relations and Communication coordinator!
* For the newly refurbished showers for hosting teams at the Koininia Center in Salyersville Kentucky!
* The great transition of Todd and Sue Austin to Jamaica serving as the Guesthouse Hosts and actively
pursuing outreach in the Highgate community!
* For new board member Tim Edsell!
* Great leadership that has emerged in Northern Ireland for “The Way” weekends!
* Several commitments to follow Christ resulting from Jamaican and Belizean teams this year!
* 78 Students that are now attending school through the Jamaican Student Support Program!
* The many who have served wonderfully and sacrificially on teams this year!
For those not familiar with “The Way” teams:
The purpose of “The Way” is to renew a community to Christian faith, commitment, reconciliation, and action. The Way is a focused 3-day experience consisting of: God’s Word, personal testimony, short reflections, and a challenge to each listener to contemplate their personal standing with God. This process is intended to lead guests to a fresh encounter with Jesus Christ, leading to renewal by the Spirit of God. “The Way” teams travel to each location partnering with local Christians to organize, lead and help bring people closer to Christ, through these short-term mission experiences.
“The Way“ currently has communities in Northern Ireland, Jamaica, and Goshen, IN, with plans moving forward to start new communities in Muncie, IN, Hudson, FL and the country of Belize. Pray about God’s timing and leadership for each of these new communities.